Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

What's Up With the Sox?

By now you've wondered to yourself, "So what's with the longs socks?" I'm glad I pretended that you asked. Answer:

Obviously, the teeth were photoshopped.
Dorky high socks were my bag during high school, specifically when playing lacrosse. It was a laxer chest-thumping thing. Not that you should chest-thump because you play lacrosse, but I wasn't bad. To get decent competition, I had to play against the best guys in the state. This was well and good until teams figured out to slide to me early. I even changed numbers to stay under the radar but can't remember if I dropped the socks (probably not). It was kind of like hiding your face with a picture of your face on the cover of a magazine. It distracts people for a few seconds before they realize who you are and you have to escape by leading a marching band down the road. Works on every lax field, try it.

Years later I was upholding the US Army's uniform standards in the best socks I've ever used. Military socks are some of the toughest, most durable, most comfortable, most practical (for the price, of course) on the market. I left the service with a pillowcase full of military hiking socks. I kept about 6-8 pairs in circulation after getting out of the Army two and a half years ago.
This is how I roll, olive green sox outta control.

The benefits:
-0 holes
-0 blisters
-Elastic is still strong
-They stay at the knees
-Absorption
-They don't create much heat
-Kilograms of swagger

Hey, Army socks can't afford to be terrible. We all know there are just 2 rules in a quality infantry platoon (as mandated by Lt. Dan), and they hold true for any athlete:

1) Take good care of your feet
2) Don't do anything stupid, like getting yourself killed
-couPheidippidesgh-

And finally, the socks are a trademark. Once the blog is getting more hits than I Can Haz Cheezburger you will know an LSF contributor, writer, affiliated party by his or her long sox.

Keep training,
LSF

PS: You knew there'd be a PS. I'm rocking the Army PT shorts in the picture in honor of Victory in Iraq Day, 15 Dec 2011. Congrats to all the fellow vets who served over there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment