Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

THE Marathon

So by now you've realized I'm running a marathon. Not just A marathon, THE marathon. It's the Athens Classic Marathon from Marathon to Athens, Greece. Discussed in another post.

Hey Long Sox, why go all the way to Greece for a marathon? I'm pretty sure they have one of those in Boston. Great question, there are a few answers to that.

1) The Bucket List
I just gotta do it. It sounds tough. The masochist in me won't let me NOT do it. I got a body built for long distance running. Use it or lose it baby.

2) You Don't Have To Qualify
Everyone running in marathons like the Boston Marathon has to either raise mucho dinero or run muy rapido. We are talking ~3,000 American pesos or 3:10:00 to register or qualify, respectively. I don't like asking people to pay for me to exercise. Some people love running, I do not.

3) Travel
Never been to Greece. Think I'll go to Greece.



4) Classical History
Love it. Balled at Latin in middle school. Been to Rome like III times. Time to hit up Greece.

5) Nope
Also, deep down, I want to be able to tell every man or woman who thinks he or she is hard because he or she ran a marathon that he or she is not. One foot in front of the other. All he or she has to do is not stop.



Keep training,
LSF

No comments:

Post a Comment