Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

So 528 Miles Isn't That Far To Run

It's pretty much farther than I've run in the rest of my life. Final count: 336.9 donuts worth of calories, 27.81 gallons of gas, 17 lbs of fat, over 114 workouts and it took just 92.76 short hours. I spent about $300 on shoes, water bottle carriers, GPSs and clothes. Pretty unbelievable. Truly the human body is an impressive machine that only millenia of natural selection could carefully sculpt through evolution. For sure not.

Actually, what IS impressive are airplanes. I'll be sitting in a semi-comfortable seat with 35 lbs of luggage I don't have to worry about, drinking overpriced Bud Heavies, watching movies I wouldn't see in the theater or rent but wanted to see, traversing thousands of miles of land and sea at around 23,000 feet in the air. Great thing I just ran .02 of the circumference of the Earth and am now flying all the way to the other side. Wow, what is there NOT to love about flying?!

Regardless, my feet are leathery, my legs are strong, my joints are tough, my tickets are purchased, my bags are packed, my carbs are loaded, and my office work is squared away (almost). It's time to go to a new part of the world to do something I've never done before. I'm ready to whip out that bucket list and cross "Run a marathon" off with a chainsaw. Bring it.

Like a 90 second flight

Keep training,
LSF

1 comment:

  1. James M,

    Bullshit. That's a long way to run.

    -Anonymous

    ReplyDelete