Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Blogging Lessons Learned

Welcome, everyone, to blog post #50 of Long Sox Fitness where the writing is wridiculous, the fitness is fun, and the obscure references are not so obvious. Here's what I've picked up over the past few months.

-People love celebrities. "Six Pack Abs, Only for Sallies?" is by far, our most popular post with over 624 Pageviews from some of you loyal fans...as well as a vast majority of people from the United Arab Emirates, to Bangladesh, to Argentina looking for pictures of Arnold and Bieb's abs. I'm not surprised... but I'm surprised.

-Don't underestimate reposting and getting others involved. "A CrossFitter on CrossFit" is the top viewed post not related to a celebrity, with 84 individual page views. Thank you to Rob B for the  enlightening material, reposts, and personal lesson at XFit Dewitt.

-My main fan base is females age 25-30. Women my age will most often reference having read the blog or outright compliment it (thank you ladies). I always thought I could write for a lame Lifetime sitcom. Pumping out hilarious posts ain't easy and it takes a little booze to get those creative sparks. If you're worried about my health, don't. Hemingway did it. I'm pretty much a modern day Hemingway on the blogosphere. Think about it. He went on awesome adventures all the time. I go on awesome adventures all the time. He liked to fight. I like to fight. He's an Army veteran. Me too. And he drank while he wrote. So I guess I'll be okay.

Source.
-My talent is(ish) humor, my interest is fitness. Kind of like I said above, I get compliments that the blog is funny, not that someone was inspired to try one of my workouts, start running, start exercising, or dieting. I'm not getting a PhD in sports science or trying out for the Patriots, so to think that I can offer any insight into unwritten territory or be part of something that the masses care about (besides Bieber's abs) may be outside of the scope of the blog in its current form. It's funny (sometimes), but lacks focus (unlike our sister blog). I'm working on another project to see if some focus and research won't result in something more relevant to the world. Stay tuned.

-Online journaling is good for you. Public reflection forces you to put your ambitions, character, and reputation out there for your friends, family (even Grandma), and current and potential employers to see. The best way to represent yourself well is to be your best self. Or just lie on the internet... not that I have.

Between marathon training, 5Ks, Jiu Jitsu, weight loss, studying for and passing the personal training exam I have not had a dull or unhappy moment. If you've got the time, write about what interests you, publicly or privately.

Keep reading,
LSF

No comments:

Post a Comment